Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tangerines, 14 x 14 inches, oil, available.

Tangerines just arrived in the market next to my studio. This painting is done as a partner to the previous realism painting Two Pairs. I varied the method this time, though. Two Pears is done with lots of thin glazing, in the best classical tradition. This one is painted much more alla prima.

On another topic, I just returned from the bookstore with a new classical techniques textbook by Virgil Elliot called Traditional Oil Painting: Advanced techniques and concepts from the Renaissance tot he present. The book is dense and data rich--a true pleasure and reference for the scholarly artist, or artistic scholar.



1 comment:

kathrynlaw said...

Ann, your work is gorgeous. Such sumptuous color and rich brushwork. I found your blog through the link on Sixty Minute Artist, and it's a real treat. I truly admire your mastery of the paint.